January is National Mentoring Month
We are big believers in mentorship at Future Proof Advisors. Not only do we highly recommend it to all of our Members, but we have been both mentors and mentees many times throughout our careers. It is especially helpful for cultivating a growth mindset – which is crucial for future-proofing any business. We have gained so much from the experience and so have our employees.
So we can say with confidence that mentorship really does work! Official mentorship programs can help develop leadership skills, increase loyalty, and build competency.
But don’t just take our word for it, here are the facts:
- Retention rates for mentees are 72% compared to 49% for employees who do not participate in a mentorship program. (Sun Microsystems Study)
- 89% of mentees surveyed feel their colleagues value their work compared to 75% of employees without mentors (CNBC / SurveyMonkey)
- 87% of employees participating in a mentorship program feel empowered by their mentoring relationships and feel an increase in confidence (Moving Ahead)
- 9 out of 10 employees with a mentor say they’re happy with their job. (CNBC / SurveyMonkey)
But mentoring doesn’t just benefit your employees. As a CEO or business owner, you have just as much to gain from leveraging the wisdom of a mentor.
Consider this 👉
- 84% of CEOs with a mentor said that the relationship helped them avoid costly mistakes (HBR)
- 84% said that having a mentor helped them become proficient in their roles faster. (HBR)
- 69% said having a mentor enabled them to make better decisions. (HBR)
We can attest to this first-hand.
But that’s not all. We know that it can be lonely at the top. Having someone who has been in your shoes and can provide guidance specific to your unique situation can impact business performance and do wonders for your personal well-being.
So yes, CEOs & owners, mentorship really does work!
In honor of National Mentoring Month, not only should you be thinking about launching a mentorship program for your team, but enlist the help of your very own mentor. Reach out to someone you think can help you gain a new perspective for the new year. You won’t regret it.
For more future-proof tips, download our eBook: 6 Ways to Future-Proof Your Business Starting Today here.